Monday, December 6, 2010

Day One

I've had chronic trouble motivating myself to exercise. This is a life-long problem that just gets more and more problematic as I get older.

Yesterday, totally on a whim, I decided to limit my World of Warcraft play to days that I've worked out. I'm not sure it that means I'll be playing less World of Warcraft or working out more. But I suppose if I can somehow link my exercise progress with the progress of my toons I'll have a better chance to find and stick to a routine.

I worked out this afternoon. After finishing my work I drove to the gym and spent about 25 minutes on the treadmill -- five minutes running, five minutes briskly walking. I'm in such bad shape that my shins started complaining immediately. And when I was running my heart rate buried the needle around 181. I suppose there's nowhere to go but up.

Here's the stats from my run:
Time: 25 min
Distance: 1.75 miles
Calories: 165

And for shits and giggles my starting weight is 266lbs. If it is not too disgusting I'll post a before picture on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment